Does your client qualify for a power wheelchair?
The coverage criteria for power wheelchairs has changed drastically in recent times and Mobility Solutions wants to help you to understand these changes. In order to determine if a power wheelchair is right for your client, you may use the following information as a guide to document the Medicare requirements.
* * All documentation must be in your normal office note * *
- Document the client's primary complaint regarding the PMD and why a walker or a manual wheelchair will not accommodate the client's mobility needs within their home environment.
- Document that you are recommending a PMD to perform Mobility-Related Activities of Daily Living (MRADL).
- Examples include: toileting, grooming, eating, etc.
- Refer the client to an independent PT/OT for a complete mobility evaluation.
- Write a separate prescription for the PT/OT evaluation.
- Fax all of the above information to Mobility Solutions at 727-375-2113 or toll free 1-855-329-2674.