Manual Tilt & Space Coverage
- The client is wheelchair dependent and requires the use of the wheelchair primarily inside the home.
- The client is unable to effectively weight shift throughout the day and is at risk for skin breakdown on the back or bottom.
- The client must have an evaluation performed by a Licensed / Certified Medical Professional (LCMP) that is one of the following:
- A Physical Therapist
- An Occupational Therapist
- A Physician that has specific training and experience in rehabilitation wheelchair evaluations
- The professional (from the list above) has documented the medical necessity for the wheelchair and its special features.
- The LCMP may have no financial relationship with the supplier.
- The wheelchair is provided by a Rehabilitative Technology Supplier (RTS) that employs a RESNA certified Assistive Technology Professional (ATP) who specializes in wheelchairs and who has direct, in-person involvement in the wheelchair selection for the client.